Mentoring is different from coaching. A mentoring relationship is aiming to help the mentee to perform and achieve things by him/herself. The mentee is supposed to be active in his/her relationship with his/her mentor.
This post is focusing on the benefit of such a relationship for the mentee. Beyond the transmission of knowledge, the relationship between a mentee and his/her mentor is a win-win one: each of the party involved will learn something.
Being a mentee, especially when being an unemployed adult, in a mentoring relationship with a young entrepreneur will bring many benefits:
- it will boost the mentee’s self-confidence,
- it will help the mentee to take a better control of his/her career,
- it will help the mentee to learn how to speak up and be heard,
- it will improve interpersonal relationship skills of both the mentor and the mentee,
- it will give the opportunity to interact with someone from another generation,
- it will make the mentee learn new skills (ICT) like professional networks,
- it will increase the professional network of everyone.
Many more benefits could be listed but the best way to know them is to experience a mentoring relationship!